Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Why I love books about the future

Monday 7 January 2013

Why I love books about the future



They say that space is the final frontier, but I guess I look at the future that way as well. After all, you can't reall cross into the future, you just sort of get there; and then its no longer the future, but the present instead.

No-one can truly predict the future. They've been plenty of guesses though, often with hilarious results and ocasionally with amazingly accurate ideas. For me, everytime I pick up a future-predicting fiction I wonder which option it'l turn out to be 50 or so years from now.

With the most inspiring books I really begin to picture the world as it could be. And, unlike science fiction about other planets, you know that it might just be true.

When I pick up a dystopian novel I want to be slightly scared that it might just happen. When I hear of a future society I want to consider whether I would like it there or not.


What sort of books do you love and why?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...