Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Matching Music to Reading

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Matching Music to Reading


Today's Topic Suggestions:
  • Do you think there's any link between the music and the sort of book that people like?
  • What music matches your current read?
  • Tell us about any links between the music and the books that you like.



Linking my musical and reading worlds

I use both music and reading to escape from everyday life, and I think my tastes in both reflect this.

I find that classic rock often allows my mind to wander, changes my mood, or reminds me of happy times.

When I read science fiction then it has a very similar effect. It tells me about places different from our own, lets my imagination take control of my feelings, and takes me to situations that can change my mood.

My musical and reading tastes vary a lot because for me its the feelings that they evoke and the worlds that they convey that are the most important thing. These aspects of writing can occur in any genre or any musical style. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...