Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: U is for Ursula Le Guin

Tuesday 24 April 2012

U is for Ursula Le Guin


The classic, but hard to find, author

I first got into Ursula Le Guin after trying one of her books via a bookcrossing ring. I was looking for a new (to me anyway) science fiction author and she seemed to fit the bill. I immediately fell in love with her style.

Ursula Le Guin's books tackle issues prevelant in the time in which each book was written, but which are often still applicable today. Her other-world socities are always believable, even though they are often so different from our own. I would consider her a classic science-fiction author, and yet it can sometimes be quite hard to find her books on the shelf (as it were).

Going into mainstream bookshops in England, there are usually only one or two of her books for sale. There are more online, but still nowhere near all of them. Since I can't afford the time (or money) to search out her books, my collection grows slowly rather than at the fast pace I would like. Still, at least it gives me more time to catch up on my TBR pile.


Have you ever read Ursula Le Guin? What did you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...